Escape the Room Games are spreading like wildfire around the world. Ten people are “locked” in a room with 60 minutes to find the clues, solve the puzzles and locate the key to the door. Players must be very observant and use their critical thinking skills to escape the room. Teamwork is essential as everyone’s strengths come into play – cooperation, communication, strategy, listening, and thinking laterally so you can get outside the box. The L.A. Times calls its “immersive entertainment” while fostering a team building environment.
Treasure Hunt Adventures introduces Escape Your Room, bringing the Live Action Adventure to your meeting space, conference center or onsite with even more of the suspense and thrills. Accommodating groups into the hundreds seated at tables of 8-10, our virtual room is brought to each table with a locked box of clues, puzzles and head-scratchers that must be solved to find the all important solution.
Our Latest Live Action Adventure: “Hotel California”
“What happened last night?”
The blackout has lifted and you are the only ones left in the rock star’s hotel room that is trashed to the tune of ten’s of thousands of dollars and check out time is in NINETY MINUTES! You’ll have to act fast or get caught explaining to the authorities all the damage that you can see and all that you can’t remember. Luckily, the devious songwriters have left copious clues to help – in song lyrics, in tour logs and even in fan letters. But it’ll take teamwork in the form of problem-solving, communicating, lateral thinking and time management to succeed.
Each table becomes a virtual “room” and tries to solve the meta-puzzle and get out of that hotel room. Virtual “walls” hold some answers (posters on flip charts) and don’t rule out a SKYPE visit from Mick Jaguar and his merry band of puzzlers with some hints. There will be a clear winner and all teams will finish (with hints) to enjoy the experience.
For any meeting, anywhere. From 10 people to 1000.
CALL TODAY: 845-225-2539
- Your Room Escapes run longer than their theatrical relatives, usually 75-90 minutes. With a fifteen minute introduction and a twenty minute debrief, our events can last 2+ hours, within the typical corporate activity timeframe.
- This is a “virtual” experience that we will enhance with sound effects, music, and video where possible. Our aim is to insert the Escape seamlessly into your meeting. We will need a 30 minute set up in an empty room.
- Now with elements of VIRTUAL REALITY using Google Cardboard.
- Teams should be seated at typical round tables, 8 or 10, but we can accommodate smaller teams and different seating.
- Each table team will receive a box containing clues, puzzles, instructions (we will give explicit instructions at the start). Around the room will be 4-6 “viewing stations,” basically easels with a poster, in lieu of the room’s walls.
- On the screen, a countdown clock will tick the time down as we will also be putting up hints to move the event along (text, images, videos with “the band” and sounds.) Our aim is to have as many teams as possible finish with a clear winner.
- You should be prepared to award prizes. We can have metrics for 1st, 2nd and 3rd and even a “booby prize for last place (always lots of fun and very inclusive.)
CNN November 29, 2015
Great article on WHY we play these games for team effectiveness. It’s about teaching students but the application is the same.
There’s a rat on the inside and you need to make a quick exit before Vito and his henchmen return and things get “messy.” Find the clues, maybe even in Mama’s meatball recipe, solve the puzzles and, Bada Bing, you and your team can make a clean getaway…as long as yous find the rat.
Oh, and, leave the gun. Take the cannolis.
Stuck With The Ripper
Old Jack the Knife is back and he’s due in 90 minutes. Your team must make sense of the Victorian clues in the box as well as around the room to escape his blade!